December 08, 2022
(WASHINGTON) – At the moment, Consultant Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Chairman of the Homeland Safety Committee, welcomed the passage of important homeland safety measures included within the Nationwide Protection Authorization Act for Fiscal Yr 2023, which handed the Home of Representatives at present and can be despatched to the President’s workplace for approval after the Senate passes. Measures included on this yr’s Nationwide Protection Authorization Act embody a invoice drafted by President Thompson to guard nonprofits and locations of worship from terrorism, measures to strengthen DHS the acquisition of American manufactured items and the struggle towards the trafficking of fentanyl in america, and laws on cybersecurity, border safety and transportation safety.
“I’m happy that we’re closing Congress with overwhelming bipartisan help for measures to make our communities safer and enhance the operations of the Division of Homeland Safety.
“I’m notably completely happy that we have been in a position to attain an settlement on the Nonprofit Safety Grant Program Enchancment Act to develop and strengthen this very important program in order that extra nonprofit organizations and locations of worship can entry safety help throughout a time of heightened threats from violent extremism and terrorism. With the rise in anti-Semitic threats and different violence, it’s clear that this laws is required greater than ever.
“I additionally wish to thank Rating Member Katko, as he retires from Congress, for his contributions to the Committee and his essential help of the Committee’s bipartisan bundle all through this course of. Whereas the file displays the contributions of so lots of my colleagues, I might notably prefer to thank MP Demings who championed the Homeland Safety Capabilities Preservation Act, laws directing DHS to discover methods to supply the bridge funding wanted for cities to protect homeland safety capability beneficial properties made by means of the City Space Safety Initiative grant program once they now not obtain such funding.
“On cybersecurity, I am glad we have been in a position to attain settlement on bipartisan provisions from the Homeland Safety Committee. They embody MP Slotkin’s laws to reauthorize the Nationwide Institute of Laptop Forensics of the Secret Service, Congresswoman Luria bill to authorize the DHS President’s Cup Cybersecurity Contest, and laws authored by Congressman Swalwell geared toward bettering DHS cybersecurity coaching to guard industrial management programs.
“Whereas I’m extraordinarily pleased with the bipartisan homeland safety provisions which were included, I might be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge my disappointment that we have been unable to succeed in settlement with the Senate on amending the laws to deal with TSA personnel like most different federal state workers or authorize the very important work of the DHS Workplace of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.We’ll proceed to hunt settlement on these important measures.
“Lastly, I’m particularly proud that the NDAA honors my late good friend, Congressman McEachin, by together with his invoice, the DHS Mentor-Protégé Program Act, to assist small companies higher compete for DHS contracts. It’s a becoming tribute to my good friend that we got here collectively to go a invoice that opened doorways for small companies, which he was enthusiastic about.
Checklist of homeland safety measures included:
- HR 6825, the Nonprofit Safety Grants Program Enchancment Act of 2022sponsored by Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS).
- HR 5615, the Homeland Safety Capabilities Preservation Actsponsored by Consultant Val Demings (D-FL).
- HR 6387, the Safety of Faculties and Day Nurseries Actsponsored by Rep. Donald M. Payne Jr. (D-NJ).
- HR 8801, the DHS Joint Process Drive Reauthorization Act of 2022sponsored by Rep. Lou Correa (D-CA) and S. 4656, the DHS Joint Process Forces Reauthorization Act of 2022sponsored by Senator Gary C. Peters (D-MI).
- HR 2915, the Home Procurement Reform Actsponsored by Rep. Lou Correa (D-CA) and S. 1009, the Home Procurement Reform Actsponsored by Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH).
- HR 6824, the President’s Cup Cybersecurity Competitors Actsponsored by Consultant Elaine G. Luria (D-VA).
- HR 7777, the Industrial Management Techniques Cybersecurity Coaching Actsponsored by Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA).
- HR 7174, the Nationwide Institute of Laptop Forensics Reauthorization Act of 2022sponsored by Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) and S. 4673, the Nationwide Institute of Laptop Forensics Reauthorization Act of 2022sponsored by Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA).
- HR 5574, the TSA Reaching Throughout Nationalities, Societies, and Languages to Advance Traveler Schooling Act (“TRANSLATION of the legislation”), sponsored by Rep. Dina Titus (D-NV) and S. 3296, the TSA Reaching Throughout Nationalities, Societies, and Languages to Advance Traveler Schooling Act (“TRANSLATE Act”)sponsored by Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-NV).
- HR 4089, the Darren Drake actsponsored by Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ).
- HR 370, the Homeland Safety Quadrennial Evaluation Technical Corrections Act of 2021sponsored by Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ).
- HR 408, the Division of Homeland Safety Mentor-Protégé Program Act of 2021sponsored by Rep. A. Donald McEachin (D-VA).
- Part 7106, to authorize the DHS Chemical Security Evaluation Middle, sponsored by Consultant Anthony G. Brown (D-MD).
- HR 8316, the Securing America’s Borders Towards Fentanyl Actsponsored by Rep. Abigail Davis Spanberger (D-VA) and S. 5052, the Securing America’s Borders Towards Fentanyl Act sponsored by Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ).
- HR 4094, the Single Window Pilot Program Act of 2021sponsored by Homeland Safety Committee rating member John Katko (R-NY).
- HR 6868, the Cybersecurity Grants for Faculties Act of 2022sponsored by Rep. Andrew R. Garbarino (R-NY).
- HR 4363, the DHS Contractual Relationships Act of 2021sponsored by Rep. Diana Harshbarger (R-TN).
- HR 5658, the DHS Roles and Duties in Our on-line world Actsponsored by Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE).
- HR 5274, the Prevention of Publicity to Narcotic Medication and Toxic Substances Act (PREVENT)sponsored by Rep. David P. Joyce (R-OH).
- HR 4476, the DHS Enterprise and Financial Safety Council Act of 2021sponsored by Rep. Peter Meijer (R-MI) and S. 4243, the DHS Enterprise and Financial Safety Council Act of 2022sponsored by Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH).
- HR 4209, the DHS Illicit Cross-Border Tunnels Protection Actsponsored by Rep. August Pfluger (R-TX) and S. 4339, the DHS Illicit Cross-Border Tunnels Protection Actsponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX).
- S. 4902, the Invent right here, make right here for Homeland Safety Actsponsored by Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH).
- S. 2540, the CISA Technical Corrections and Enhancements Act of 2021sponsored by Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH).
Hyperlink to descriptions of all homeland provisions
# # #
Adam Comis at 202-225-9978
Supply : https://information.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMitgFodHRwczovL2hvbWVsYW5kLmhvdXNlLmdvdi9uZXdzL2xlZ2lzbGF0aW9uL2NoYWlybWFuLXRob21wc29uLWxhdWRzLWhvbWVsYW5kLXNlY3VyaXR5LXByb3Zpc2lvbnMtaW4tbmRhYS1pbmNsdWRpbmctbWVhc3VyZXMtdG8tcHJvdGVjdC1ob3VzZXMtb2Ytd29yc2hpcC1ib2xzdGVyLW5hdGlvbnMtY3liZXJzZWN1cml0edIBAA?oc=5